Swim Lesson Sign-Ups
Limit your initial sign-up to two sessions per child in order to give lesson opportunities to as many as possible. If space is available after June 8th, you may sign up for any additional sessions.
Use this link to access sign-ups. Please be sure to sign up for the appropriate level.
At Willow Grove, we believe that learning to swim is an important life skill, and we strive to develop strong, safe lifelong swimmers!
Our goal with swim lessons is to get a child to the skill level that they can pass our Basic Swimmer Test and, if they desire further training, to join our fabulous Barracuda Swim Team.
We offer swim lessons to our members who are age 3 and older and who are fully toilet trained.
All lessons are small group and are taught by select lifeguards on our staff (who may also be available for private lessons).
Our lessons are offered during weekday mornings. The lessons are for the swimmers only, but we do need a parent or caregiver to remain at the club during the lesson time.
The following is a general description of the levels of swim instruction:
- BEGINNER: This level helps children adjust to the water. They will learn to enter and exit the water safely, learn floating skills on front and back, begin to learn about coordinating arm and leg movements and learn about putting their face fully underwater and breath control.
- ADVANCED BEGINNER: This level is for the child who is more comfortable in the water and is able to put their face under the water, but not be able to swim fully independently yet. They will continue to build on coordinating arm and leg movements to move in a forward motion across the pool, strengthen floating and kicking skills, and begin to learn about proper breathing techniques.
- INTERMEDIATE: This level is for those children that can swim independently with their face in the water. They will refine their front crawl and begin to learn backstroke. They will also build endurance in treading water and learn rotary breathing skills.
Lesson Schedule: (4 swimmers / 1 instructor)
- June 27- June 30
- Jul 5-8 – (No classes Monday due to 7/4 holiday)
- Jul 11-14
- Jul 18-21
- Jul 25-28
- Aug 1-4
- 9-9:30 Beginner and Adv Beginner
- 9:30-10:00 Beginner and Adv Beginner
- 10:15-10:45 Adv Beginner and Intermediate
- 10:45-11:15 Beginner and Intermediate
- Aug 1-4
- Aug 8-11
- Aug 15-18
- 5:30- 6:00 Beginner
- 6:00-6:30 Adv Beginner
- 6:30-7:00 Intermediate (the pool hours are until 8pm)