Under general supervision, ensures the safety of patrons by preventing and responding to emergencies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Prepares and maintains appropriate activity reports.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Less than high school with 6 months to 1 year experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- CPR Certified
- Current certification as Lifeguard by a recognized source of training
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Skill in the application of life guarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures.
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
If interested, please submit completed Lifeguard Application to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Pool Manager PO Box 11 Fanwood, New Jersey 07023